Kentuckiana Genealogy: Biographies: Kingsley, William A.
|By LYNN SNYDER (Okiemo) (22.214.171.124) on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:26 am:|
Biography of WILLIAM ANTHONY KINGSLEY
William was born 13 Nov 1844 in Harrison County, Indiana to Simeon KINGSLEY and Elizabeth BRANDENBURG. His siblings were Simeon KINGSLEY 1834-1902, Absolom A. KINGSLEY 1835-1904, David R. KINGSLEY 1836-1902, Thomas F. KINGSLEY 1837-1927, Minerva H. KINGSLEY [CROSIER] 1838-1921, Jonathan C. KINGSLEY 1839-1891, Susanna KINGSLEY [MCINTIRE]1841-1896, Henry C. KINGLSEY 1841-1861, Sarah M. KINGSLEY [RIDLEY] 1843-1900, Margaret M. KINGSLEY [STEEPLETON] 1845-1921, John G. KINGSLEY 1847-1912, Alexander KINGSLEY 1849-?, Albert "Al" KINGSLEY 1849-1916, and Eliza E. KINGSLEY [BYRUM] 1854-1896.
William fought proudly as a Union Soldier in the Civil War. He served as a CPL in Company K, with the 59th Regiment Indiana Infantry from 5 Dec 1861 until 17 Jul 1865.
On 21 May 1870 in Harrison Co., IN he married Lucy Ellen ANDERSON who was the daughter of Joseph ANDERSON and Elizabeth DODDS. Lucy was born 20 March 1848 in Harrison County, IN.
To this union was born the following children:
1) Jessie A. KINGSLEY was born 27 May 1871 in Harrison Co., IN and died 27 Jun 1893. She married Louis MOSS on 4 Mar 1891 in Harrison Co., IN. Louis was born 12 Dec 1869 and died on 27 May 1893. They both rest in Kings Cemetery, Laconia, Harrison Co., IN.
2) Joseph A. KINGSLEY was born 21 Oct 1872 in Harrison Co., IN and died 15 Aug 1937 in Harrison Co., IN. He married Mittie Ellen DODD on 3 Nov 1898 in Harrison Co., IN. She was the daughter of Joseph DODD and Lucy Margaret LUNSFORD. Lucy was born on 26 Sep 1881 in Harrison Co., IN and died on 16 Dec 1957 in Harrison Co., IN.
3) Thomas KINGSLEY 1878 -? As shown on the 1880 IN Census. Died before 1905.
4) Annie L. KINGSLEY Oct 1879-14 Aug 1942. She married 1) Albert HUTCHINSON; 2) Charlie W. DODD who was born Feb 1878 and died in 1952. Charlie was the son of Joseph DODD & Lucy M. LUNSFORD, and the brother to Mittie KINGSLEY (nee: DODD)and George J. DODD. There were no children born to either marriage. Annie & Charlie rest beside each other, near Joseph and Mittie KINGSLEY, in Kings Cemetery in Laconia, Harrison Co., IN.
5) Nellie R. KINGSLEY was born 11 Jan 1887 in Harrison Co., IN and died on 27 Jan 1890. She died of Spiral Meningitis,which is the inflammation of any or all of the meninges of the brain and spinal cord, usually caused by a bacterial infection. Nellie rests in the grave with her mother, Lucy, who died 2 days earlier, also of Meningitis. They both rest in Kings Cemetery, Laconia, Harrison Co., IN,
next to William A. Kingsley.
William never remarried and died 18 Nov 1905 at Thomas Noon's residence in Harrison County, IN. He was 61 years of age. He rests beside his beloved wife and daughter in the Kings Cemetery, Laconia, Harrison County, IN.
Lucy died 18 January 1890 in Harrison County, IN. She was 42 years of age. Lucy died of Meningitis 2 days before her daughter, Nellie, died of the same affliction. She rests next to her beloved husband William A. Kingsley.